Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Encouragement 4 The Day: "Perspective"


I am fascinated by how perspective alters the mind and can subsequently change the course of a life. How it is, that in looking at a glass as being half empty, results in different emotions than when you look at the same glass as being half full-Perspective.
I am prone to melancholic tendencies and therefore I’ll admit it- I do hold on to a rather jaded view of this life and the world in which we exist. However, I recently came across the question:
“If this world were perfect, would we long for heaven?” WOW
We were not meant to get comfortable on this sin cursed earth and in the same token-how would we know joy without experiencing pain?
Words are powerful! That simple question positively altered my mindset.
May we always strive to encourage, educate and uplift our fellow men by our words.

2 comments:

  1. wow ! what a question ?!
    no matter what's ur opinion this question make u think !
    thank u ;)
    9B

    ReplyDelete