Friday, October 14, 2011

Encouragement 4 The Day: "Silent Scream"


When someone understands us, when they truly get US and they want to stick around anyway-what a precious gift of friendship that is. Do you have someone like that in your life? I’m not talking about family (they’re supposed to love your craziness… HA!). No, I’m talking about a total stranger, who one day walked into your life and decided that you were OK. If you are one of the lucky ones, please let them know how grateful you are that your paths have crossed.
I love to 'people watch'. I can sit for hours in a mall and just watch people walk by. Some of them smile at me but it doesn’t reach their eyes. It’s as if I can see all the loneliness, worry and stress mirrored in their gaze and what’s touching is that still; they make an effort to smile. This poem is for them…

Silent Scream

I heard you scream.
Didn’t think I heard you
Did you?
You were walking by and
Turned to me and smiled.
And although your lips were shut
I felt your pain.
It was in your eyes,
The scream was in your eyes.
I pray for you.
I prayed for you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment