Thursday, September 15, 2011

Encouragement 4 The Day-"Being a Christian does not Guarantee a Trouble Free Life"


I’m sure that some Christians, even though we are aware of the fact that being a Christian does not guarantee a life without problems, if we admit it, we do expect/hope to have fewer burdens than the average person. We anticipate being surrounded by that hedge of protection that’s promised in the Bible. So, when trouble hits (at least in my case) initially we’re thinking ok, my God will take care of this. But as time drags on and there seems to be no end in sight, we start a mental list of the good things that we’ve done. Lord, I’ve paid my tithe, didn’t curse my boss out when I could have, I volunteered at the homeless shelter, gave my last two dollars away…when are You gonna handle this problem?
Job did the same thing. He started to list all of his good deeds and challenged God that if he indeed was not as good as he claimed, to hold him accountable. That’s when it hit me. When I realized how good Job was and he still faced such heart wrenching problems…being a good Christian does not absolve you from pain.  It also does not guarantee an express answer to prayer.
Instead, being a good Christian in the midst of pain and trials guarantees that God will reward you for being faithful to Him in spite of it all. To those of you experienced Christians this may be a no brainer but it just hit home for me. He won’t keep the pain away and sometimes He won’t take the pain away, but His reward if I’m faithful, will more than compensate for it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment