Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Encouragement 4 The Day: "Reconciliation"


Reconciliation

Something. Is. Not. Right.
I am trying to wrap my brain around
You.
Omnipotent. Omnipresent.
They say that’s not WHAT You are, but WHO You Are.
Bellies distended.
Babies too hungry, too weak to cry.
Frail bodies raped and torn
Discarded as trash.
Alpha and Omega
The beginning and the end- You Are.
Is this suffering that you see
Worth breathing your Spirit into mortal clay?
Is it?
Still…
In the pain I see Your brilliance
Reflected within the human spirit’s will to
Not only survive, but to overcome.
And so even though I don’t get You,
And some days I struggle to love You,
I acquiesce that indeed…
You are God.

                                                                                                                      J.Y.M

We may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen but if we search deep enough (and sometimes we don't have to go far), in the midst of the problems we will recognize His brilliance. At that point we can rest in the knowledge that in the end- it ALL works out for good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so beautiful and true. I think so many question as you did so eloquently in this poem. But we know that God is God and most of all God is love. God never turns away a seeking heart, even if it questions.....Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog. Love and peace to you today, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Lori and you're certainly welcome. Your blog has really been a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete